WEEK 1 REPORT: OPERATION PAC-MAN DELIVERS MORE THAN 65,000 MASKS (SURGICAL, N95, KN95) AND PROTECTIVE SHIELDS TO MORE THAN 40 HOSPITALS THROUGHOUT THE U.S.
New Ventilator Prototype Tested and Moving Forward
CHATSWORTH, CALIF. (APRIL 3, 2020) – OPERATION PAC-MAN, a non-profit organization created to help fight the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, wasted no time fulfilling its mission! Established by Isaac Larian, CEO and Founder of MGA Entertainment, Inc. (MGAE), the parent company of L.O.L. Surprise!™ and Little Tikes®, OPERATION PAC-MAN delivered more than 65,000 masks (surgical, N95 and KN95) and face shields to 40 hospitals around the country, successfully tested a new ventilator prototype and supported the 250-bed, makeshift hospital in the Los Angeles Convention Center – all within seven days! With requests coming throughout the day, the team ordered 2 million masks, 500,000 face shields and 300,000 goggles, which are in transit and will arrive next week.
Stated Larian: “Team MGA has worked around the clock to get OPERATION PAC-MAN up and running, but there is still so much more to do. I ask everyone to please help in any way you can to support. Any donation amount to OPERATION PAC-MAN will provide more funds to purchase personal protective equipment for our fearless healthcare workers fighting for us.”
In addition, throughout the past week the designers and engineers at MGAE and Little Tikes® worked with a local hospital to test the MGAE ventilator prototype design. After a few modifications, it is now ready for production. The ventilators will be produced at the Little Tikes® factory, located in Hudson, Ohio, where the team is already re-tooling machines so that mass production can begin immediately.
MGAE has purchased and donated
hundreds of thousands of protective masks for our brave doctors and nurses at
hospitals. Below is a partial list of hospitals and facilities
throughout the U.S. that received masks from OPERATION PAC-MAN this week.
- American Urgent Care Center
- Beverly Hills Cancer Center
- Beverly Hospital
- Cedars Sinai
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- City of Hope
- Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- Evergreen Health (WA)
- Federal Field Hospital/Los Angeles Convention Center
- Garfield Medical Center
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
- Jewish Home for the Aging
- Kaiser Baldwin Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Keck Hospital of USC
- Los Angeles County Hospital
- Maimonides Medical Center (New York City)
- Malibu Urgent Care
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
- Miller Children’s and Women’s Hospital
- Montefiore Health System (New York City)
- Northridge Hospital Foundation
- Parma Hospital Ohio
- Providence Little Company of Mary
- Providence St. John’s Health Center
- St. Francis Hospital (New York City)
- Tri-City Medical Center
- Valley Health (New Jersey)
- West Hills Hospital
Please visit www.MGAEcares.org to learn more, donate to OPERATION PAC-MAN or to hear directly from Isaac Larian regarding these efforts.