L.O.L. SURPRISE! TAKES THE CROWN AS NO. 1 PROPERTY FOR 2019
New Products and Innovations Drive L.O.L. Surprise! Success During Time of Declining Toy Business
Chatsworth, Calif. (January 17, 2020) – Even when the US toy industry is down, MGA Entertainment (MGAE) demonstrates that it can win customers with its innovation. According to The NPD Group (NPD), L.O.L. Surprise! remains the No. 1 U.S. toy property for the month of December and full year, based on sales of product, which is tracked by NPD.
“MGAE shines again 2019 with new, original product! MGAE is a true industry disruptor – we have a dynamic team who works hard to create bold, new products that our fans want, who creates and sets trends for the entire industry to follow, and who generates demand with amazing marketing and retail programs. My team keeps me passionate and young!” said Isaac Larian, CEO and founder of MGA Entertainment. “MGAE has grown the past three years with double digit growth and we will do the same for 2020. That’s a promise.”
The NPD Group’s December 2019 U.S. data release reports the following:
· MGA is the #4 Corporate Toy Manufacturer for the year
· L.O.L Surprise! Doll Assortment was the #1 item of the year
· L.O.L Surprise! items made up one-third of the top 50 toys for 2019
· L.O.L. Surprise! O.M.G. Doll Assortment was the #1 Fashion Doll Class Item for the year
· Six of the top 10 items in 2019 were L.O.L Surprise!
· L.O.L. Surprise! Amazing 14 Exclusive Dolls was the #1 doll for the November and December 2019 holiday season
ABOUT MGA ENTERTAINMENT
MGA Entertainment, Inc., a consumer entertainment products company headquartered in Chatsworth, California creates innovative proprietary and licensed products including toys and games, dolls, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Springlings Surprise™, Num Noms™, Poopsie Slime Surprise!™, Project Mc2™, Crate Creatures Surprise!™, VIRO Rides™ and Zapf Creation®. Visit us at www.mgae.com.
*Source: The NPD Group / Retail Tracking Service/ January-December 2019*